sneaking in a second radio bay

The other day I went to Fry's Electronics and saw a new "car
theatre" system. There's 2 units, each the size of a standard car CD
player. The first unit is a CD/DVD player, and the second unit has a
screen that slides out and into viewing position. These 2 units together
also work as a GPS navigation system that will show you maps on the screen
and read you directions.

The DeLorean of course only has 1 bay available for a stereo, with the AC
controls below and the vents above. So here's my thought. I could probably
take the vents out, and close the air flow from behind and install the
screen unit there. I presume that behind the passenger's knee pad, the air
duct continues to go through into the passenger's door. I was thinking
about cutting a section large enough for the vents in the knee pad and
opening up the air duct behind it.

Can anyone think of a better place for these vents, or any reasons why
this would not be a good idea?

-Christian
(now in California)