Re: [DML] Crome Powder Coated Wheels

Bill,
Can you tell us how durable the powder coat is? The finish on my OEM
rims has some damage where a previous owner sprayed them with tire cleaner.
I also have some corrosion around the lug nuts where moisture is getting
under the paint.

Do you know if the powder coat is resistant to the effects of tire cleaner?
And do you know how well the powder coat sticks? i.e., will it flake off
and allow moisture to corrode under there and flake more powder coat off?

I think that Rustoleum quick-dry silver would hold up better than the OEM
paint. I remember reading an original Delorean window sticker. It was
actually bragging about the epoxy coat used on the frame. I think Rustoleum
quick-dry silver would work better than that epoxy too!

Walt Tampa, FL