Re: [DML] ADMIN:DMC2 [Long]

The question may be "should we post discussions about DeLorean's proposed new
car and the DMC2 watch"?

For as long as i've been a member of the DML I have enjoyed information
about the car and services and mods...and i've also read articles on DeLorean
Shirts and DeLorean mousepads. The moderators of this list filter what they
feel in "unneccesary" or "personal". Many of my beliefs have been filtered
because they are considered "controversial".
Isn't John Delorean more controversial than anything i can say? How can
his endevours be discarded? The whole plan is to spread interest about the
new DeLorean. DeLorean is a business man and relizes that the second time
around may be much harder, mainly due to his tarnished rep. Many of you feel
that the watch is "too expensive". This isn't to make DeLorean on par with
Rolex, it's his attempt to put him on par with Porsche. Some people that
want to invest in the car have the money to but this watch, and that is what
it is for.
The cost of producing a new car is rated in hundreds of millions of
dollars. How can this amount be reached without attempts to raise money, as
in buying the watch.
As for the car, why can't we talk about it? It is an important part to
Delorean, even though, our James Espey, feels that it is speculation. Would
the 1st DMC-12 ever have been built if it wasn't for speculation? We have
facts from the JZD and even an interview (www.deloreantime.com). It may be 5
more years before (and if) we see a new DeLorean (if he continues that long).
Shouldn't we keep the dream alive???

My 10 cents worth,
Christopher Miller
(vin#- eventually, hopefully a DMC2)