Re: Part 2 flat tires - warning and question

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, heskin@xxxx wrote:
> > You should never have a DeLorean towed; standard towing could
damage
> >fascia's and adjoining panels and fenders. Always specify a
flatbed !

> Joe,
>
> What about the tow trucks that only lift the car by "scoops" or
bars
> under the front wheels? They then tie hold down straps around the
> wheels/tires to the scoops. No body parts are even touched.
>
> Also, can towing this way do any damage to the trans-axle?
>
> -Hank

DAMAGE CAN be done,to a Automatic tranny cars,if it is towed by the
front wheels(front of the car) ,because if the rear wheels are
spinning at speed without the engine running,what is happening is
that the automatic tranny is spinning(operating) without any pressure
from the tranny oil pump(it only operates when/and by the engine
running)so that you are operating a unlubricated tranny without any
hydraulic pressure and could possibly do some serious automatic
tranismission Damage.So the number one rule if you are going to tow a
Delorean is to Tow from the rear of the car ONLY,if it is a AUTOMATIC
car,Only cars with a front and rear pump can be towed with the
automatic tranny at speed with out the engine running.

Claude
000570