Re: flat tires - warning and question

On the subject of the spare tire, dismount from the rim and apply a
camel product called Bead Sealer to the rim, any large tire shop
should have some and then remount the tire on the rim. It is a thick
rubbery product that helps seal the tire bead. It doesn't need to be
balanced. On the subject of what to do with the flat there are
several
choices,
1 leave tire
2 leave passenger
3 leave tire and passenger
4 place tire on engine cover and bungee cord the rear louvre
It is good to keep a towel or large plastic bag in your emergency kit
to place the tire in.
If you have a luggage rack it would be a good time to use it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Daniel P. Saulnier" <dps@xxxx> wrote:
> I got a flat tire last night and would like to share some insights:
> 1) The spare is very old. It looked great, and when I put it on
the car
> and lowered the jack, everything seemed fine. After driving 3 feet,
> however, all the pressure leaked out. Bummer at midnight on a work
night.
> 2) No amount of coaxing will enable a rear tire to fit into the
trunk. The
> only place it will fit is the passenger seat. If you get a flat,
you have
> to choose whether to abandon your tire or your passenger.
Fortunately, I