Re: clutch trouble...

> Message: 8
> Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 19:22:15 -0400
> From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxx>
> Subject: Re: Transmission(Clutch) trouble...
>
> Nathan,
>
> Conduct the following test to determine if your problem is related to
slippage between the clutch disc and pressure plate. While driving the car
at highway speed (45-65mph) in 4th gear push the accelerator to the floor
while observing the tachometer. If the RPM's increase quickly with no
apparent change or very little change in speed you have a worn clutch disc,
pressure plate, and possibly a worn flywheel. If your DeLorean is equipped
with the original clutch and has more than 60k miles on the clutch system it
is not unusual for slippage to occur. You will need to have all of the
clutch parts inside the bell housing replaced. Be sure to ask your mechanic
to check the condition of the flywheel and replace the crankshaft lip seal.

> The hydraulic clutch system which, by the way uses DOT 4 fluid, effects
shifting performance not acceleration.

> "We're here to help you"

Hmmmm. I'm sure this isn't the case. I cruised all the way home with the
problem....once you are totally in a gear and the clutch has "caught"
fully-the car drives/accelerates as normal. Of course, when I took the car
for a 15min drive to troubleshoot nothing out of the ordinary happened!!

Nathan E. Green
gzen21@xxxx

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph you're gonna' see
some serious s--t"
-Doc Brown: "Back to the Future"

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html