Re: Thermo-time Switch Question

Only 2 ways I know of get the cold start valve to fire manually. One
would be to install a hot start realy, but I would NOT reccomend that
you install one for a cold start problem. As DMC Joe advised me it
can pose a SERIOUS FIRE HAZARD if the relay is installed and the
engine is cranked for more then 18-20 seconds. If you did use it,
more then likely what it would do to a cold engine would be this:
You'd crank the engine, then after a couple of seconds it would
start. As soon as you let go and the key sprung back into the "ON"
position, the engine would rev up and then die in abour 4-5 seconds.
The hot start relay is only active durring starting, and cannont
supply the extra fuel the engine needs to warm up. A better soultion
would be to swap the plugs between the control pressure regulator and
the cold start valve. This can get you up and running alot quicker,
and is a little safer. Instructions are located in the technical
library section of the DMC News website.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Stian Birkeland" <dmc_norway@xxxx> wrote:

<SNIP>
> While waiting, I would like to know if you have a quick, temporary
fix that
> will allow me to drive the car (read:start the car) while Im
waiting for
> that switch. I should have it within a week or so, but its a long
time to
> wait esp. if it takes all week...
>
> Is there any way to trigger the switch so as to make the cold start
valve
> inject a bit of fuel for start up? >
<SNIP>
Best wishes