Re: delorean pricing, first time driver

When I was shopping for my D last spring I did a lot of thinking and
research on the cost vs. condition question. I found a few Ds in
great shape for 17-20k, but I opted to buy a D that wasn't in perfect
condition for $11k (cracked windshield, some minor scratches and
dents). My reasoning was this, when buying a used car you NEVER know
for sure what's wrong with it; so paying a premium for a "perfect"
car is kinda silly since you don't know for sure if it's "perfect."

Also, if you plan on driving the car a lot, it's likely that you'll
collect a few scratches, or dents yourself; if you paid $20k for a
perfect car these day to day problems will likely give you an ulcer.
Only pay a premium for a D if you're a collector.

-M