Cburke,
De Loreans have a small habit of over heating if several things haven't
been done to up date the cars cooling system.
#1. Has the fan fail relay been replaced with a jumper.
#2. Has all the air been bled out of the water system.
#3. Has the temperture switch ever been replaced.
#4. Has any electrical device been added to make the fans come on and work
more
efficiently.
#5. What about the radiator, has it been checked lately.
The short list goes on for some of the modifications that need to be made if
you have a virgin car.

The Fan Fix,
New relay's,
New circut breakers
Alternator.

Go to www.dmcnews.com/buy & Sell/ De Lorean parts for sale. Then look for
John Hervey/electrical parts. I have several items reasonably priced for the
updates you may need to have a better running De Lorean.

If I can help you with any parts or questions, Email me at dherv10@xxxx
and you can call and discuss the problems. I don't have all the answers, but
maby the ones you need. The DML list is full of helpfull people to make your
De Lorean driving experience more enjoyable.
John