Re: delorean pricing, first time driver

	I feel that I am qualified to talk about $10,000 daily driving deloreans.
I purchased my second DMC this past december, with 113,000 miles on the
body and transmission, but a brand new engine from DMC Houston with about
150 miles on it. I test drove the car for the fist time, and it was scary.
There were no seat bealts, the air did not work, and the seats did not
adjust. There were also several dings, and some major fiberglass damage
(which was unoticeable unless you looked under the car). The one thing the
guy told me it really needed was a new radiator. I took it home, none of
the lights worked, the passenger window got stuck, and I had to help my
poor father get out of the car, since the passenger Door was jammed. But
hey, I got a Delorean with a $5000 NEW engine in it for 10000 dollars.
IT is a true daily driver it already had ss lines all around, it also had
new calipers. It was rdy to drive. I was able to troubleshoot my lights
problem, and every week I added some antifreeze, cause the radiator was
leaking.
Now let me get to the point. I put in maybe about $500 for certain items,
which absolutely needed to be replaced immediately. I could have driven
that car for a long time and all it would have cost me was 10,500. I
decided however to take it to DMC Joe's shop, and I got a LOT more work
done there. (redone steering, dash, seals, door adjustment, brass
radiator, A/c etc...) Now, parts and labour, I figure I have put an
additional $8,000 dollars into the car. But now my DMC has doors that
open, and a Brand new Engine.
If your looking for a 10,000 car, and you find one like mine, I would
recomend getting it, even if its your only car, if it is basically
mechanically sound, you shouldn't worry. I could have driven that 10,000
without geting anything done to it for a long long time. Neither of My
Deloreans have ever left me on the side of the road, and I drive both of
them with great confidence.

Thats my opinon on $10,000 D's
Joe Palatinus
VIN 17167 with new engine