Re: delorean pricing, first time driver

I bought my Delorean for $10,000. Listed is the work I have done to
it.
redo seats
new clutch and all hydrolics
new brakes
dismantle transmission and engine to replace all seals and to take
care of some much needed areas.
repainted fascias
replace just about every hose
redo headliners
rebuild steering rack
clean carpets
All that has cost me over $6000 in parts and labor, and I still need
to remove some minor dings, replace dashboard and binnicle,
and......a new frame.
If you are going to buy a Delorean and you want to drive it everyday,
then go all out and get a really nice one and know the history.
Personally, I wanted to revive a sad delorean, I just didn't know how
sad my delorean really was.
Oh, the delorean was my second car, but I did buy it when I was 18.
If you go the way I did, just remember that everything doesn't need
to be done at once, and buy delorean parts. Sometimes they may be a
little bit more, but for the most part they are reasonably price and
you get great service from the dealers. If you would like to know
more about buying a Delorean in this price range, let me know. I'll
share with you everything you want to know. Good luck!

Erik Geerdink
4512