Found my DeLorean cousin...

Dear Group,
Yesterday my sister informed me that a DeLorean was located at a gas
station near her house. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I know
of a D near me I like to go and check it out. I immediately travel to this
gas station located about 5 miles from my house. When I get there sure
enough there is a D sitting there with the driver's door barely open. I
immediately notice it is an 81 D, louvers missing, that has seen better days.
I don't bother looking too closely at it until I find out who the owner is.
I ask the gas station mechanics who the owner of the car is and they tell me
it is some guy from Virginia who is in California right now (but the car has
NC tags on it). After a little chatting with them, they give me permission
to look the car over as much as I like. I approach the car to check its VIN
and to my surprise I see it is car #5003. WOW! It is only 3 away from mine.
The mechanics say they have recently put a clutch in it, but it needs a lot
more work. The car has been exposed most of its life to the elements and is
suffering from years of storage related problems. I am glad to see that it
is still alive, but it is on life support. Is the owner of this car on the
list? If you are, I would like to talk to you sometime. So now I have seen
D's just below (for reference #4998) and just above my own car. I wonder if
I will ever see the other VINs right around my own??

Regards,
Darren Decker
VIN 5000......alive and well.