Re: [DML] Importing a Delorean to the USA (Curious about Customs)

Re: [DML] Importing a Delorean to the USA (Curious about Customs)

Just a footnote on "importing cars". I am in the military and was moving to
the phillipines for a couple of years and took a 1970 GMC pickup out of the
country. When I got back to the U.S. several years later was told I needed to
pay import tax and supply paper work that imported truck would meet emmision
standards.
Held them off for a few weeks while driving truck with out of country plates.
When I went to CA. to register, they wanted the same thing. Would not budge
on reguirements. Finally in stroke of insperation pulled out old florida
title and paid fees for out of state vehicle.
Just goes to show all you need is the right paperwork regardleess of the
facts invovled.

Barry
6056