Re: convex stick-on mirrors

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, deloreanernst@xxxx wrote:
>>>(not the housing) with 'sphered' ones to
>>>increase the visibility around the car.
>
> I understand you can get small stick-on mirrors to do that. Put it
in the
> corner of your existing mirror. Haven't done it myself.

Well I have done so on my Escort and I hated them so much that I
removed them within a day: They had a black rim around them which was
drawing my attention so much that every time I used my mirror, I
ended up looking cross-eyed!

Another problem I encountered was that because of the sudden change
from flat to convex I had to re-focus to use the tiny mirror. Though
this doesn't take all that long, every time this happens you "loose"
a few seconds of looking forward. On a Highway, driving at about 75 to
80 mph (about 120 kmh) thats around 35 meters (about 100 feet) you
travel forward each second!

I think the Toyota-mirror someone suggested could be cut to a perfect
size when done by a craftsman using the right tools. So what if this
costs some money; any accident that you can avoid because of these
mirrors will pay back for the costs. I mean what can you replace on a
"D" for a few dollars? Close to nothing!

Greetings from the Neterlands,

Jan van de Wouw
Think Different... Use a Mac...
Live the Dream... Drive a DeLorean