Re: [DML] Garage Door Opener Dilemma Solved!

Re: [DML] Garage Door Opener Dilemma Solved!

This message reminded of something I read somewhere (heer on the DML, maybe?) about a way to wire your garage door opener to the high beam relay so that when you approached the garage door, you only had the use the "flash to pass" control on the high beams (pull back briefly on the stalk) to activate it. Seems simple enough to devise - John Hervey, can you tell us how to do it?

James

Hi Guys -

I wired my garage door opener to an extra defrost switch and replaced one of
the dummy switches in the console. I painted the extra defrost switch matte
black and it
matches the other buttons perfect. You'd swear it was just the fake dummy
switch.
Now all I need is a switch stencil with an open garage door on it. :)

mike@xxxx
VIN#17089
Windsor, Ontario