Re: Stuck

After craking open my idle speed unit, I discovered that between the
impeller & air flow chamber there is no seal what so ever. The
winding appeared to be fine, but on the brush above there was a HUGE
amount of carbon build up. Remember, the Idle Speed Regulator is not
a motor in the regular sense, it's a slide valve. It rotates back and
forth, it does not "spin" like a regular motor. So if you remove the
unit and jiggle it in your hand, if it does not sping 360 degrees,
this doesn't mean that it's broken (there's a rod in the chamber to
limit the valves movement. Hope this helps you trouble shooting!

-Robert
vin 6585