Re: Control Pressure Regulator Question

The BOSCH book that I was looking thru was the 4th edition. The book
DOES show the components used in the DeLorean, but not all in the
same illustration. The picture of the K-Jetronic setup is the same as
the DeLorean, but it does have some variations. In the DeLorean (PRV-
6) air flow travels in the opposite direction that the diagram shows.
Therefore the pivot on the air flow sensor plate would be BEHIND the
plunger. For the other DeLorean specific variations, look up the
items as follows in thier respective categories/item description:

Control Pressure Regulator:
Fuel Regulation(and the K-Jetronic section)/Warm Up Regulator.

Idle Speed Regulator:
Idle Control/2 wire magnetic control slide valve.

LAMBDA ECU:
Emissions Control/Single probe LAMBDA Unit.

These were the only differances that I noticed right off hand. The
first 2 above you would replace in the K-Jetronic diagram, and the
LAMDA you would have to add in, just like DMC & Lotus had to do when
the adapted the engine to the DMC-12 (once you read the LAMBDA
section specified above you'll understand!). The book does in fact
explain how the entire DeLorean Emissions/Fuel systems work, you just
have to put the missing pieces of the puzzle into place to replace
the variables. An intersting side note: this same book also gives an
explanation of how the torsion bars work, as well as the geometry I
believe.

-Robert
vin 6585