Intro/Thanks...

Hey folks--
First off, thanks to all those who helped out with the insurance. Latest
news--State Farm said NO to insurance on the "D". Despite my plea, they
would create a new policy for me. So, I went down the street to Allstate. I
now have full coverage on my D, plus liability on my second car for $1200
for 6 months. Agent says he can probably get me down to $800 b/c I have a
decent driving record but he needs to get driving records, etc. Anyways I
know that's not great, but it will at least get the car in my garage from
PA. I plan to hire a broker when I get back next week to find some decent
rates.
The trip...I needed the insurance so I could pick up the car in PA Friday
morning. I will fly to PA tomorrow night, then drive back Fri/Sat to Scott
AFB, IL. Iam a little worried about driving 700 miles in a D. Any
suggestions?
The car...1982,VIN#10188, stainless, flat hood, WIDE black dealer stripe
on sides. Grey Interior. 5 speed. From photos looks like car is in real good
shape(i.e. no dents, cracks, tears, etc). The bad news...a/c needs
replacing...so I'm gonna sweat like crazy on the way home. Older gentleman
got car from bank after co signing a loan. Wants the value he put into
loan...$8500. Car looks like it will be a little work, but well worth the
price. Mileage--odometer broken, shows 36k but owner thinks it is around
50-60k. Had mechanic go over it and could't find any probs. He drives it
twice a week to work just to keep it broken in. No prblems.
Ok, well that's about it. I have read the advice on what to look for in a
Delorean on the website. Is there anything else I need to look at? What
about the journey home? Anyone enroute would like to meet for food,
talk?(Could anyone help if I have trouble <sigh>) I plan to stop in Dayton,
OH for the night as I take I-70 W.
That's about it. Next challenge will be finding AFFORDABLE insurance,
licensing, titling, etc. in IL. But I'll woryy about that when I get back.
Sorry to waste so much text. Talk to everyone soon.

Nate

Nathan E. Green,2Lt,USAF
15OWS Lead Forecaster
Scott AFB, IL
gzen21@xxxx
(618)588-2317

"The depth of your stuidity sometimes frightens me"

-Homicide:Life on the Street

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html