Melted fuses

Gang,

I upgraded my electrical relays from 25 to 40 Amps today. After I finished
I thought I would look at my fuses to make sure they were all functional. To
my surprise I had three melted fuses. One was completly devoid of any plastic
fuse coving. All that was left in the fuse holder was the inner metal
components and the fuse link was not blown. Just a hunk of metal in a melted
fuse holder. The other two fuses (one being the AC fuse) were partially
melted both at the fuse and the holder. I was able to get these two out with
much difficuty and replace the fuses. Can the fuse holder be replaced and how
are the wires coming from underneath the fuse holed attached? Can they just
be pull out and reattached to a new fuse holder? Your valued input would be
greatly appreciated.

Bill
Vin#11596 (slightly melted)