From: Robert Rooney <dmcvegas@xxxx>
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2000 6:19 AM
Subject: [DML] Re: weird factory writings

Haven't taken off my fenders yet to check for "cave paintings" yet.
But on thing that I have noticed is on the doors. When Removing my
headinliners for a cleaning, someone wrote "METAL MICK" in block
letters, along with various employee #'s, the VIN #, plus a couple of
dates & times. I've seen pictures of other cars with their passenger
headliners off, and it says the same thing! Either "METAL MICK" in
big block letters, or "Metal Mickey" in handwriting. Does "mick"
refer to the car beeing Irish, or was "Metal Mickey" an overactive
employee who inspected the doors and got a little carried away in the
process? Ideas? Employee records?

-Robert
VIN 6585

p.s. I didn't realize that there were markings on other places of the
car