Re: [DML] More on Auto Transmission and the Transmission Governor

Re: [DML] More on Auto Transmission and the Transmission Governor

You are correct about the Ds trans computer.

I compared its design to that of the the ZF4.Bosch computer. I really like the
Ds design because of its simplicity.

It is most likely that the voltage comparitors are failing.

The problem though is converting to an Eprom of PLC controller. You still need
an input signal and some logic to control when to shift. On later computers
this in programmed into memory.

The after market computers now available are about $1000. 00. still way too
expensive compared to a $400 D computer unless you are looking at lifetime
costs.

The question is whether isolating the chips in the car would make them live
longer. Or are voltage spikes killing them.

I know on my transmission, we have had voltage spike fry the pressure
modulating circuit twice. We had to building an isolating circuit to protect
the computer.

Bob