Re: [DML] Fuel Gauge

Not on all DeLoreans!! On mine, the light comes on about 1 minute before
you run out of fuel. Actually, it may have only been about 30 seconds. :(

If the DMC low fuel light is like most cars, it is triggered by a certain
level of resistance on the fuel sending unit. On mine obviously, that level
is reached just as it runs out. Yours sounds closer to what was intended.
Needle position is also determined by the resistance of the sending unit,
but the calibration leaves something to be desired on most D's. Mine is
actually pretty close on the gauge. It goes to to slightly over full when
filled with gas, and runs out exactly on Empty. I would wish for a bit more
leeway at the low end. :)

Mark N
VIN 6820