Re: [DML] PRV6 Variations

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Chris C wrote:

> Speaking of a car with a similar PRV6 the most power I have seen out
> of the PRV6 is 260. The engine displaces the exact same 2849cc's as

The DeLorean gets the least power out of the PRV of any car I know of,
unfortunately. :}

Regarding potential swaps to other PRV's, I wouldn't suggest it. The
DeLorean PRV has some external modifications so that it fits efficiently
in the rear mounted configuration. It would probably be easier than
swapping in an entirely unrelated engine, but on the other hand, if you're
looking at a maximum of 260HP, you have less potential gain.

Most of the other higher performance PRV's will have: Better fuel
injection, freer intake and exhaust, better manifolds, more aggressive cam
timing, higher compression, forged pistons, and of course, turbochargers
(not at the same time as higher compression). The DeLorean, like so many
other cars of the era, trades off performance for better emissions and
fuel economy.

Although I don't really know, I have a hunch that these types of upgrades
are how DMC-Houston is getting 180+ HP out of a plain old DeLorean PRV.

In my estimation, finding and adapting all these parts from a better
performing PRV would cost just as much as having DMC Houston do it.
Unless you're just looking for the challenge, or you want Even More Power,
I wouldn't bother with it.