Happy DeLorean Stories?

Last month we had a thread inviting people to tell of their happy times
with their DeLoreans, instead of the technical problems that we normally
discuss. Now that the Cleveland Show is over it seems like there ought
to be more of these stories to tell. I will be happy to start.

YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK
On the Driving Tour we had about 45 DeLoreans plus over a dozen
non-DeLoreans. To my knowledge no cars had any mechanical troubles,
despite hot weather and heavy city traffic.

The first stop was at the NASA Glenn Research Center. My minivan full
of support crew (including DMLer Shannon Yocom and his wife Jenette) was
the last vehicle to arrive, about 20 minutes after the last DeLorean
pulled in. We got there just in time to see a stream of rocket
scientists pouring out of several laboratories. They were coming to
look at all the pretty stainless steel cars outside their buildings (it
took two lots to hold us all, increasing our visibility). Those
DeLorean owners who lingered outside ended up answering a lot of
questions.

That morning, I'm afraid America's finest minds in aerospace propulsion
systems did not get much work done.

The moral: We DeLorean owners have a special responsibility. We must
be careful and use our powers for good and not evil!

Does anyone else have a happy story to add to this thread?

- Mike Substelny
VIN 001280, 7 years