Re: Refurbished DMCs

If you are interested in a new or refurbished "2000" delorean take a
look at the cars that will be competing in the concours judging in
Cleavland.Those cars will be the closest thing to a new delorean that
there is and I am sure some of them will be for sale at a lot less
than $50k.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Gus Schlachter" <gus@xxxx> wrote:
> I sincerely doubt that the extraordinarily high price is due to Ed
using
> "quality parts". D1 is just trying to make a market for the cars as
> "high-end", which is just fine by me. I'd really be surprised if
they had
> any takers at the $50k price tag, though. And somehow, I'm sure
it's the
> DML's fault. :-)
>
> If I recall, Ed was initially selling his refurbs for a much lower
price,
> with the cost going up incrementally each year. I think they were
at $40k
> last year and are $50k now. Do you really believe that, starting
January 1,
> they put an extra $10k in parts and labors into the cars?
>

> Gus Schlachter
> Austin, TX
> VIN# 4695

bit