R134a

Hi All,

I was hoping someone could answer a question for me on R134a. I will
be pressurizing my system soon, and wondered which compressor oil was a
better substitute for the original on a total conversion-- Esther, or
PAG.

My system has a brand new compressor, o-rings and accumulator, and the
hoses, condensor and evaporator have all been flushed with a/c system
cleaner. I bought 3 pounds of R134a and a can of the cooling additive
(it works pretty well, surprisingly), but realized I didn't know which
oil to use.

This will be my fourth conversion to R134a on cars (2 Fords and an Audi)

I've seen a lot of mention on R134a in the archives, but no 'final
answers' ever surfaced. If anyone has some help they could provide,
please let me know.

Thanks,

-Dave Stragand
VIN #05927