RE: [DML] Crashed

senatorpack,

When the DMC's were manufactured, the doors were fitted to the body before
any of the other stainless panels, since the doors were the most difficult
to align. If your doors close correctly, then it is the fenders that are
out of alignment.

Sounds like you're correct about the cars damaged in transit:

from
http://www.dmcnews.com/backissues/dec99files/dmcnews%20digest5269-5287.htm

<SNIP>
As a curiosity (and for those keeping track) here are the VINs of the cars
that had "OCEAN FREIGHT DAMAGE". The document clearly state that these
DeLoreans are "TO BE CRUSHED". I guess they were beyond repair. I'm also
wondering if these are the cars that were featured in an old DeLorean
World
Pictorial. Here goes:
3675 (auto)
2687 (manual)
2765 (auto)
3372 (auto)
3685 (manual)
3716 (manual)
The company that transported these car was: Kattegat
Best wishes, Stian Birkeland
NORWAY, VIN # 6759
</SNIP>

Cheers,