Re: JZD in not in jail

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Josh Haldeman <haldeman.4@xxxx> wrote:
> ...People only seem to remember the bust, and that he was arrested.
> ...Again, In my opinion, if Larry Flynt hadn't released that tape to
> CBS, people (in general) may have never viewed that scene in the
> hotel and quickly forgotten about JZD's trouble with the law...

I must disagree. It was really big news when JZD was arrested,
although I will grant that having "Film at 11" to go along with the
story certainly made it bigger news, if not more resilient. There's
no footage of misdeeds in the Oval Office, but it will still be some
time before people forget the name Monica Lewinsky (or G. Gordon
Liddy, for that matter).

I am at a loss to explain why so many people think JZD is still in
jail. His acquittal was big news, as well. It's almost like thinking
OJ is still in jail. Well, not quite, but you get the idea.

I will often overhear conversations about JZD still being imprisoned
when people see my parked DMC-12. I make a point of correcting them.
Ocassionally they will accuse me of being misinformed, which is when I
offer to show them *my* DMC that they're admiring. :-)

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN #4695