Delorean restoration project, need some tips!

Delorean restoration project, need some tips!

Hey all,

I recently purchased an 81 Delorean, I only paid a little over 10k
for it so it's far from perfect. However it was a pretty good deal
for a running car with no major body damage. I have a couple of
questions that I'm sure other Delorean owners can help with.

- How do you remove the stock stereo. The tech book says that you
first remove the plastic air vents outlet above the radio and then
pull the radio through that opening. I tried to pull the plastic vent
outlet out and it wouldn't budge. The radio doesn't work so I need
to get it out to get it repaired (hopefully it's just one of the in-
line fuses). I don't want to pull the entire console apart if I don't
have to.

- I'm having a problem with my AC cooling fan cutting in and out once
the car is warmed up. The fan operates perfectly until the car heats
up enough for the cooling fan to be needed for engine cooling, then
the fan cuts out and then works intermitedly from then on. I assume
it's just a wiring problem but before I go searching I thought I'd
post the question first.

- My car has the orginial alternator (not the motorolla, the other
one whose name starts with a D??). Should I bother replacing it with
a higher output alternator? could it be the source of the fan problem
I mentioned before (unlikely)? If I should choose to replace it are
there any hi-output alternators that fit the Delorean without
requiring any extra parts?

Finally - There are a couple of shallow dings in the stainless steal
panels (both about the size of golfball). Has anybody had any luck
with regular body shops being able to pound these things out, or will
they not touch SS. If bodyshops won't touch it what kind of shops
might?

Thanks,

-M