Re: [DML] Silly antenna question...

There were three basic types.

First was a windshield antenna similar to those that GM used in the 70's.
These had trouble with reception out in fringe areas, so they switched to a
front fender mounted mast and issued a service bulletin so that some of the
windshield antenna cars were converted to fender mount by the dealers.
Then, they switched to a power antenna in the rear on the left side that
comes up through the small air vent when activated. This is probably the
most popular one, and many cars of the other two types have been converted
to these over the years.

Since so many cars were converted from one type to another at dealers, by
owners, or even at the QACs, don't try to find a pattern in the timing on
when each of these changes occured. There was one. But so many cars are
different now that you'll never get an accurate pattern.

Mark N
VIN 6820