Re: [DML] Silly antenna question...

There are a few versions of the radio antenna.

Early cars had the wire in the windshield antenna. Because of the poor
performance, the windshield antenna was replaced with a fixed mast
antenna in the right front fender (I have seen some fender antennas that
will manually retract). Finally, they went to the power antenna in the
left rear quarter. I think the bulk of the cars are this way.