Angle Drive

Well, I am having the joys of a stubborn Angle Drive hassle me lately. My
speedometer stopped working last week. I pulled the front wheel and the
lower cable off the angle drive. The bottom section of the lower Speedo
cable fell out. I saw where it had broken inside the cable. I ordered a new
lower cable, replaced it, checked the angle drive and other parts which all
seems to work well and put it all back together. I drove to a show this
Saturday and the speedometer worked fine for a while and then all of a sudden
it stopped working again. I pulled the wheel off today when I got home and
took the lower cable off again and the Speedo cup off the rotor. Everything
looks fine and turns and spins when the wheel is turned. I can't see any
problems. Anyone been down this road too? Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated I don't know what else to check everything looks fine and seems
to function properly. Could the angle drive be bad but appear to work
properly and turn properly? The insert looks square not rounded as some do
with wear. Thanks in advance for your help

Gary
VIN 3360