Unlocked & working

Group,

My thanks to all who repled to my last cry for help. 4 groupies were right
on the money. Joe Palatinus, Mike, Josh Haldeman and Mike Substelny all had
the same or similar experience. What has happened over the course of years
is the locking linkage rods have loosened up and make the linkage rods not
strong enough to unlock the door. I removed the upper drivers inside door
panel and right over the inside armrest door handle release latch are the
linkage rods. I was able by hand to move the top linkage rod forward (toward
the dash) and relase the lock mechanism. This allowed the door to open
freely. Tomorrow I will WD 40 the rods and tighten the tension on the rods to
allow the outside keylock to function properly. Again my sincere thanks to
all who responded.

Bill
vin#11596