Gathering a crowd -Was: Deloreans to help Charities

Gathering a crowd -Was: Deloreans to help Charities

> In a message dated 5/29/00 6:45:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> aabclafon@xxxx writes:
>
> <<SNIP>>
> Problem is, everybody was looking at my daily driver D, not his T-Bird !
> Practically backing up against and rubbing their Levi rivets on the guy's
> car to get a good look at mine. After awhile, the poor guy moves his baby

> to a "safer" location. Oh well, as Rick and I always say, nothing can
> "catch eyeball" like a D!

It's funny, I've never had that happen. I get the occasional looker but all
I can figure is that here in California everyone is so used to seeing 'rare'
cars that they hardly give them a second look. Even at the car show this
last weekend where we had 4 cars on display. We didn't get any more of a
crowd than the Jags or MG's.

I wish people would stare at me more, at least when I'm driving. People
don't bother to look over.. and down from their monster-truck SUV's and they
are always pulling into my lane right on top of me.

I feel a Rodney Dangerfield joke coming on.. 8^)

Ken
Ken Montgomery	Sacramento, CA VIN #10911 'OUTTIME'
http://www.jps.net/arkham/delorean01.htm mailto:kenm@xxxx
Northern California DeLorean Motor Club
http://members.tripod.com/ncdmc/
http://www.dmcnews.com mailto:directory@xxxx