Re: [DML] Stainless Steel Letters.

I would just like to comment on the significance of signing with the VIN. I
suppose it was just one of those things that happened when the list was first
generated by James Espey. I joined the list in August of 1996 and at that
time people were signing with their VIN. So for those of you who were the
first 10 or so members, how did this come about? Personally, I like it when
someone writing on the list lets us know their VIN because it helps me to
identify people. This is especially important at shows (like the one coming
up soon in Cleveland) where we finally get to meet each other and put names
with faces for those who post on the DML. The VIN and for that matter e-mail
addresses are a couple of the ways we have to identify and connect with each
other. In addition, the history of the DeLorean is one of the many things
that is appealing to me about the car. I admire those that spend their time
and work hard to gather information and statistics on the DeLorean production
numbers and all of the cars that are known to still exist.

Regards,
Darren Decker
VIN 05000