Solenoid Problem?

A couple of days ago, the drivers side window was comming off the
track when I would roll it up. I removed the door trim & corrected
the problem. But I noticed a "burning" smell when I removed the trim,
after a while the smell disapated. But could this be a warning sign
that my door lock module is malfunctioning? I don't have Lockzilla
installed, but my the locking system has been working fine. Does
anyone know of any tests I could perform to check the Central Locking
System?

-Robert