Illuminated DeLorean Ashtray

Last night I drove my wife's Porsche 924S across town. While cruising
along and admiring the interior, I was reminded that I once saw a parts
interchange list that showed the 924 shared the DeLorean's ashtray. On
close inspection, I believe that the 924S also uses the same ashtray,
and I extrapolate that the 944 probably does, too.

I mention this not to encourage parts interchange, but to point out that
in the 924S the interior of that ashtray is *illuminated* whenever the
headlights are turned on. It is a clever trick using a bulb inside the
center consol, that requires no wires running through the ashtray. At
night it gives the Porsche a more luxurious look.

I believe it would be a very simple matter to achieve the same effect in
a DeLorean. If anyone wants to see how it works in the Porsche, just
come to Cleveland. I will ask Patti to bring her Porsche to Saturday
night's banquet at the Science Center, or maybe the Crawford.

- Mike Substelny