Fuel Injector Problem

I am new to the list and I am currently restoring an '83 DMC vin
016727. When I got th car it wasn't running at all and I wnt through
th whole fuel system and freed the plunger thats usually problematic
ith the fuel air mixture. After the plunger was freed the car ran
smoothly and beautifully, but after I had the car inspected, the
engine would hunt horribly and after 1 point wouldn't idle at all. I
ended up richening the air to fuel mixture screw located behind the
air filter just to get the car to run. After that the car got about
10 miles to the gallon and now gets about 17 on the highway. I have
replaced the oxygen sensor, tested the pressures, set the timing, and
flushed the injectors with cleaning. The problem could be a vacuum
leak but I am reluctant to buy a vacuum testor because of the price
and when the engine was pulled I could see no obvious leak. Someone
had suggested I change the injectors? Is this the most likely problem?