Fan Problem !!

Hello,

While driving in the hot weather yesterday I noticed that my car was
starting to overheat so I pulled over and noticed that my fans were not
working correctly. They turn on but immediately turn themselves off.
They must be on for at least 2-3 seconds before turning off and then they
turn back on and off, very random. I could hear a clicking noise from
the fan and a clicking switch noise comming from the fuse box area, every
time the fans turn on. It seems like they want to turn themselves on but
something is immediatley turning them off. Solenoids Maybe?? Please if
someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Felix