Re: update on wrecked DMC

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Louie Golden" <louiegolden@xxxx> wrote:
> He has all the facia and grill peices (not installed) and all it
would need is $3000 in parts (fender, door, wheel).

Well, a couple days ago, I did my own tally...

Wrecked car - $4500
Right Front Fender - $710 w/antenna hole $910 w/o antenna hole
Door Panel - $1,870
1 lug nut - $3.33
Front wheel - $430(new) $125 (refurbished)
Windshield - $400
Upper Controll Arm - $120
Front fascia - $650
Dummy Grille - $350
New Yokohamas ~ $330
Grand total ~ $9,000-$10,000.

Now this was before you said he had all of the front fascia parts,
but
still, how closely did you look at that picture? That fascia is
really
bent up. And the front grill has to be broken if it flew off of the
car upon impact, (the parts that hold it on anyway). And you should
also ask him about the rear of the car. On the picture of the rear,
did you notice the scuff marks on the bumper, or the dent in the
left-rear quarter panel above the glass? And whats that thing
sticking
out of the louvers? If I didn't know any better, I would swear that
it
was also hit in the back. I also put those Yokos on that list because
it has 27k miles and the tires looked original. I believe I am in a
similar situation that you are, looking for a good cheap DeLorean. I
thought about this one for a long time, and decided no. But that is
just my opinion.

Jim Reeve
http://www.isd.net/jpatrick/
AIM-ultra2169