The virus is dead

Hi
if anyone has received an e-mail from me in the last day or so you need to
check your computer for the trojan virus (what version I do not know) both
Mcafee and Norton (latest updates) will catch it. It took me a while but I
did find the virus and it was new enough that I needed the 5/15 update of
Norton to kill it. I do run antivirus on my system so I thought I was
protected. Mcafee also needed an update to catch it.

This virus only attaches to AOL users. If you have something else you may be
a carrier but the virus will not do anything in your computer. It will wait
til you send to an AOL member then attach itself to that file.

I have been down all day.

I talked to both AOL and Norton. The strain of virus constantly mutates and
it steels the password and some of your old mails then creates a message and
off it goes.
AOL is trying to trace where the password was sent to.

what I saw was mime file dated 5/16
mi27 file dated 5/16
mi57file dated 5/16
and mi27.jpg file dated 5/16
and a wonderful message about pictures I sent to myself
(same note you got)
It also atached to my uninstall.exe file which is why it took me so long to
get rid if it.
I had to manually delete it since the antivirus software wouldn't.

If you are an AOL subscriber you know you have it if when you sign on and
enter your password and it then asks you to reenter the password but when you
type it in the little *** do not show up. That is its signature. Plus it
will lock up if you try to do anything.

I WILL NOT be sending any pictures for at least a week just as a precaution
and I will never send an exe or a mime file period. Please let me know if
you get anything from me Thursday or Friday because I WILL NOT send anything
for two days period.

Show is doing fine I am still taking late registrations

Thanks for your patience this has been an unpleasant experience for me.
hopefully not too many of you have received the e-mail

Again I did not send it.

Thanks Bruce and the DML.

Ken