seat wear

This may sound like a dumb question, but it's for a good cause.

Generaly, after how many miles would a Delorean seat start to show
wear?

I ask this because a Delorean is for sale at an import car lot who
hates deloreans, and they don't like me very much now. They say it
has 4500 miles on it, but there is wear on the seats. I looked at
the Lambda counter and it reads 027 which is about 8,100 miles. but
I wouldn't think that after 8,100miles there would be wear on the
seat. I think they (former owner) reset the lambda counter to 000
after it hit 100 giving the Delorean 38,100 miles, which would
explain the wear on the seats.
I told them this and they asked me to leave the lot. That the
Delorean has 4500 certified miles. how else could you certify how
many miles are on a Delorean without looking at the Lambda counter?

maybe I'm going to far and I should not think about it so hard, but I
really want to prove these people wrong.