RE: [DML] epoxy rear fascia bolts?

I used Urethane adhesive to replace my bolts. Grind the old stud and plate
from the fascia until you get to the flat mounting surface. A little
roughness will help with adhesion. Imbed the flat plate in the urethane
adhesive and let cure. I put it on the to and bottom totally covering the
plate.

When you install the fascia, cover the exposed stud and nut in grease or a
heavy wax to prevent rust. Reapply periodically. Personally, I recommend
greasing/waxing all the bolts under the car to help prevent rust and make it
easier to remove should the need arise. Many of the bolts are small
diameter and break easy if rusted.

Urethane adhesive is what they use to install windows and comes in a
caulking tube. It is about $12 and is easy to work with other than being
messy.

Nick Kemp

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

moderator@xxxx