Re: [DML] fender reproduction

I have looked into the cost of making a die to reproduce the fender. It was
kind of a what if type project and my job is to make dies. I make steel
residential door dies and we stamp the emboss into them so I have some
experience with them. A hard production tool will run well into the $100,000
++++ range depending on qualith and where it is built. A soft tool can be
made for much less and is good for about 100 hits then its trash. Either way
the cost per part will be far above what anyone would want to pay at this
point and as James says the demand is not there because you still can find
them. This may change once they cannot be found.

If anyone wants to make a tool I have the presses to run it.

Ken