From: Vin#5462[SMTP:dmc12@xxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 4:16 AM
To: Delorean Mailing List
Subject: [DML] LHD to RHD conversion

Hi All

I live in England and am seriously considering converting my Left hand drive
automatic DeLorean to a right hand drive. The dash board has split in half
and so I intend to make a new one but reversed for RHD and then move the
pedals, hand brake, steering and instruments over to the right. I am a
fairly confident mechanic and having looked closely at the current layout it
does not look too hard. Can the steering rack be run upside down, (I see no
reason why not since it is a simple rack and pinion set-up)

Are there any particular difficulties with this operation or anything
specific which may require major structural work??

Has anyone performed this operation themselves, and if so what problems did
you incur?

any help would be most appreciated, should I go ahead with the conversion I
intend to create an accurate manual of how it was done in order to allow
other DeLorean owners to follow suit.

With thanks
James

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html