Re: (sorry, wrong) Re: [DML] door adjustment

Re: (sorry, wrong) Re: [DML] door adjustment

I removed the door pin on the passenger side of my D because the door was not
aligned properly from the day it was built. Sure enough the nut dropped into
the hole in the fiberglass side. I had to remove the inside cover over the
speaker. and cut a 3 inch hole into the fiberglass to get my hand in to find
the nut and hold it in place for the door peg. Afterwards. I drill an 8/32
hole and threaded it so I could put a long small screw in the plate to hold it
if I ever needed to remove the peg again.

As it turned out the housing for the door peg was set 1/4 off when molding the
fiberglass at the factory. I had to cut the adjustment plate to give more
movement in order for the door to lock properly. Initially it would only
single latch and not double latch. This took many hours to correctly diagnosis
and realign.

Bob