Re: (sorry, wrong) Re: [DML] door adjustment

Re: (sorry, wrong) Re: [DML] door adjustment

snip--->"As far as removing the pegs, I am relying on many years of experience of working
on different vehicles to know that you only have to remove one peg and lose the
nut behind it to really screw up your day. So I am NOT wrong on this point,
because there are many people reading this and not everyone has a perfect car
like yours."<---snip

First of all, the piece holding in the peg isn't just a nut, I believe it's a nut welded to a plate. The plate sits in a carrier, and there is no reason for this plate to fall into anyone's pontoon. Maybe DMC Joe can give some info on this. He has pleanty of experience.

The grease topic makes more sense now that you explained it more thoroughly.

By the way, who said my car is perfect? There was no need to get snippy here David. Sometimes people make mistakes, and there is no reason to get offended when someone questions your statements... hence the "no offense" opener. This is a forum for discussion... not bickering.

---Dan Vin#5493

Dan,

The point of putting the white grease on the pegs is to show the location of
where the latch is hitting the peg. You can use any type of grease but the white
shows up best. After you've adjusted the pegs to the correct location you can
then wipe the grease off.

As far as removing the pegs, I am relying on many years of experience of working
on different vehicles to know that you only have to remove one peg and lose the
nut behind it to really screw up your day. So I am NOT wrong on this point,
because there are many people reading this and not everyone has a perfect car
like yours.

Dave Sontos
VIN 02573