Update: Cleveland Driving Events

Ken Koncelik said:

> Well I have kinda figured that out but poor Mike has been overwhelmed
> by the number of people going on the ralleys. I have asked Mike to try to
> post the times within a week or two and announce where he is going to
> end up Thursday night.

As Ken said, the response to the two driving events has been overwhelming.
Because of the large number of participants we have made a few changes from the
original plans. The events keep getting better.

When you get your information in the mail, it will include a letter explaining
all of this. But for those who are curious now, here is the plan:

THURSDAY EVENING: ORIENTATION TO CLEVELAND
Departing 6:00 - 7:30 PM

Thursday evening we have a short self-guided orientation to downtown Cleveland.
This should help make everyone comfortable with the area where they will be
spending their next three days. It will depart from the Holiday Inn and end at a
secret location in The Flats, where we will have a private cocktail party
reception. The cocktail party will have an open buffet of hot food (pizza,
chicken, etc.) and a cash bar. We will have the room from 7:00 to 10:00.

The number of participants has exceeded the size of reservation any restaurant
will take, so we have done away with the buy-your-own-dinner plan. Instead there
will be a fee of about $20 per person, collected at departure, which pays for the
party facility and buffet. When you arrive at the party, secure parking is
another $5 per car. In the end this should be more fun and less expensive for
everyone.

To participate, make sure you check the box for Thursday night on the
registration form. On Thursday night, show up at the Holiday Inn (either in the
lobby or the driveway) any time from 6:00 to 7:30 PM. Patti and I will be there
to collect your $20 and give you admission tickets and your orientation
materials, which will lead you to the cocktail party. When you arrive at the
party in The Flats, other DCO members will be there to greet you.

FRIDAY: DRIVING TOUR / RALLYE
Departing 9:30 - 10:00 AM

The "Nobody Gets Lost Driving Tour and Rock & Roll Road Rallye" will depart from
the street behind the Great Lakes Science Center (very close to both hotels)
around 9:30 AM Thursday. We have so many cars that it may take half an hour to
get everyone on the road, so please be patient. The tour will involve about 90
minutes of driving in three 30 minute legs. Stops include NASA Glenn Research
Center and the President James A. Garfield Memorial, plus lunch.

You should be back to your hotel around 3:00-4:00, leaving an hour or two free
before leaving for dinner at the Crawford.

Originally, we thought that about half the people coming to the Car Show would
want to take the Driving Tour, while the other half visited museums and went
shopping. So far about 90% of you want to take the Driving Tour. This means
there is going to be a VERY impressive fleet of DeLoreans crusing the streets of
Cleveland that day! Be sure to bring a camera.

If registration keeps up this brisk pace, we may need to change the schedule a
bit so that everyone has time for lunch. There is also the possibility that will
will need to cut off registration soon, so I recommend you send in your
registrations ASAP. Stay tuned to the DML for updates.

The final information will be explained in the mailing you get from Ken. When it
arrives, please be sure to read it.

If you have any questions about these two events please contact me.

- Mike Substelny