Getting to Cleveland

This reminds me that I've been evaluating all of my options for getting to
the Cleveland show. Driving from Texas is 20+ hours each way. I looked
into trains but it takes just as long, and the "Auto Train" only runs
between DC and Orlando.

Since it's difficult for me and the S.O. to arrange that much time off and
take such a long drive, I am currently considering flying and having the car
shipped. It would be about $600-$700 for airfare (for two) and about the
same for the car shipment (one way).

It seems expensive, but it's saving me mucho driving, an overnights stay
halfway, $200 in fuel, untold wear-and-tear AND any possibility of accident
or traffic violation. I've gone to auto events without my car before, it's
very lonely. :-(

So am I nuts?

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX