Re: [DML] A fair price?

> Case in point: Our DeLorean now has in excess of 260K miles on the original
> PRV-6 engine; need I say more.

Normally i wouldn't say anything about that comment except for the fact that
the Delorean is not the only car with an engine that can last hundreds of
thousands of miles without any problems. My Chevy Corsica (of which i
bought as a used car for only 1,000 dollars) now has over 260k miles on it
(most of which are mine) and our 74 Chevy van now has 410k miles and we have
put VERY MINIMAL work into either vehicle.

I think engine quality sometimes has more to do with the care a car has
received more than it does who built it. After all, it IS possible to run
even a rolls-royce engine into the ground after only 25k miles if you're
abusing the thing!

Point is, a well cared for car will always last you a long time, regardless
of who built it.

-Michael

Oh yeah, and getting back to the original string.... IMHO if you want to
keep the value of the car, put another delorean engine in the car. From
what i have seen, the whole process can cost you under 6,000 if done right.
But if you want a different engine, remember that the car may be a better
driver for you, but the overall value of the car will tend to drop because
of it. (unless of course you put a lotus engine in the car *winks*) So it
all comes down to what you want... a car with a better/faster engine, or a
car with better/higher value.